Have you ever seen some tiny little bumps on your face? They are rough but not easy to notice unless you look at them under a strong backlighting. They come and go, appearing as a cluster. Confusing us of what they are? acne? whiteheads? blackheads? How can we get rid of them?
Skin bumps are tiny little bumps on the skin surface that are hardly noticeable under normal lighting unless a strong backlighting shines on them. These bumps feel rough and make the skin appear uneven and bumpy.
Dermatologically speaking, skin bump is a clinical manifestation of impaired skin barrier and skin inflammation. Skin with conditions such as whiteheads, excess keratin, hormone-dependent dermatitis are prone to develop skin bumps.
Mild skin bumps do not cause itchiness and redness while severe skin bumps can cause itchiness, redness and swelling.
Impaired skin barrier
When the skin barrier is damaged, its natural protection against external stimulants will be weakened, causing the skin to be exposed to harmful substances and the hair follicles to be clogged with dirt. Also, the production of keratin may be triggered, when excessive keratin can not reach the skin surface and get trapped in follicles, skin bumps will be formed.
Excess secretion of sebum
Overproduction of sebum makes the sebum more difficult to reach the skin surface and accumulate in the follicles instead. Too much sebum trapped in follicles can cause the formation of bumps.
Allergic reaction with cosmetics
When your skin is allergic to certain chemical substances in the skincare or makeup products, the hair follicle opening may become slightly swelling, forming tiny bumps.
Improper face cleansing
Without a thorough cleansing, especially after makeup, the pores are still filled up with dirt, makeup residues, sebum, etc. This poor cleaning habit will make the skin prone to whiteheads.
Skin having inflammation conditions such as seborrheic dermatitis (caused by excessive secretion of sebaceous glands), hormone-dependent dermatitis (caused by repeatedly and improperly use of topical hormone), dermatitis that is caused by overhydration, allergic reactions, etc. may have grouped tiny bumps on the surface.
These small bumps usually appear on sensitive skin/hormone-dependent dermatitis/seborrheic dermatitis/photosensitive dermatitis/Rosacea skin.
There is no dermatological definition of these little bumps, but they are believed to be a condition that is mostly linked to impaired skin barrier. If you are suffering from them, Ai Beauty Clinic offers HYDRAFACIAL treatment that can perform a deep cleansing and repair and strengthen the skin barrier, and Acid Peel treatment that can resurface the skin for a smooth and even skin texture.
What is Hydrafacial:
HydraFacial is a patented skincare treatment developed by an American skincare company, HYDRAFACIAL. This FDA, CE and CSA approved device was designed to promote the health of skin and to restore skin barrier rapidly. Mainly focusing on restoring skin health, HydraFacial utilised the patented 4 in 1 patented Vortex-Fusion delivery system to exfoliate, extract and hydrate skin, and used in conjunction with the HydraFacial proprietary vacuum technology and serums. As a result, impurities can be easily dislodged and removed while simultaneously delivering hydrating skin solutions. It only takes you 30 minutes to solve skin problems without downtime and pain, including blackheads, brown spots, dehydration, wrinkles, sensitivity, dull skin, enlarged pores, pimples, and photodamage.
How does it work:
HydraFacial treatment combines the usage of an exclusive formula essence and the patented Vortex-Fusion two-way vacuum technology to exfoliate the skin, rapidly open up the pores, clear the congestion, non-invasively clear out blackheads, whiteheads, debris and dirt, gently remove dead skin cells. While vacuuming and cleansing the skin, the essence that is made with nourishing ingredients will be absorbed by the skin, which can accelerate cellular metabolism, restore the skin’s oil-water balance, resulting in a cleaner and healthier skin. In only 30 mins, HydraFacial treatment will cleanse, extract, and hydrate your skin in 3 steps. According to your skin condition and desired results, a unique plan can be tailored for your needs to instantly repair your skin barrier.
1. VISIA skin evaluation: Evaluate skin condition or existing skin problems with assistance of data analysis and picture analysis.
2. Face-to-face consultation: Tailored a suitable hydrafacial treatment plan based on client’s conditions and desired results.
3. Pre-treatment preparation: Remove makeup and cleanse the face.
4. Hydrafacial 3 steps: ①Cleanse+Peel ②Extract+ Exfoliate ③Nourish+Protect
5. Post-treatment care: QDEL phototherapy mask to nourish and repair the skin.
6. Post-treatment precautions.
Duration: 45-60 mins
Who is it for:
- People who have skin bumps repeatedly;
- People who have skin bumps due to their impaired skin barrier;
- People who have skin bumps due to overproduction of sebum and improper face cleansing;
- People who want to quickly and gently repair their inflamed, sensitive skin;
- People who want to deeply cleanse their pores and thoroughly remove old ketarin;
- People who want to combine Hydrafacial treatment with other treatments to improve their skin health;
What is acid peel:
Acid peel is a skin resurfacing procedure involving application of acidic solution on the skin. The acidic solution dissolves the oil particles among cells on the outermost layer of the epidermis and promotes the removal of the outermost layer. It stimulates the renewal of skin cells, promotes the replacement of elastic fibers in the dermis, and maintains the healthy state of the skin. It also helps with skin whitening, removing acne marks, reducing pores size and fine lines, removing blackheads, and curing acne and chloasma.
How does acid peel work:
Acid peel/AHA peel solution can loosen the physical attachment among stratum corneum cells by dissolving the oil particles between their cellular gaps, which will peel off the excessively accumulated keratin, unblock the clogged hair follicles and prevent the development of clogging opening at hair follicles. In addition, it stimulates the regeneration ability of epidermal cells and promotes dermal collagen fiber proliferation and its structural rearrangement, which will help to effectively improve skin texture (especially chicken skin), minimise large pores (by inhibiting oil secretion) and brighten skin tone.
1. VISIA examination: Access skin condition or existing skin problems with assistance of data analysis and picture analysis.
2. Face-to-face consultation: Provide suitable acid peel treatment plan based on client’s needs and goals.
3. Pre-treatment: Clean and disinfect the treatment areas.
4. Treatment: Apply an acidic solution on the face, waiting 1-5 mins.
5. End of treatment: Apply a neutraliser solution on face to terminate the acidic reaction and peeling reaction to avoid over peeling.
6. Cleaning. Post-treatment care.
Duration: 45-60 mins
Who is it for:
- People who have skin bumps on their face due to the keratin clogging in the pores;
- People who have skin bumps on the face due to excessive production of sebum;
- People with recurring outbreaks of skin bumps due to blackheads and whiteheads;
Remove Bumps on the Face,come to Ai Beauty Clinic,
for safe and professional medical treatment.
Ai Beauty Clinic is a CQC accredited clinic based in London, and also is strongly supported by Cynosure(the owner of Ulthreapy) and Cynosure (the owner of PicoSure).
With rich experience of treating clients of various conditions, led by a famous British medical chief trainer, practiced by doctors and nurses who are GMC/NMC-registered and worked in NHS national hospitals, Ai Beauty provides certified and safe medical beauty treatments.
Ai Beauty always puts safety first. Not only are all medical staff insured by independent medical policy, each client who comes to Ai Beauty Clinic is also insured by £5 millions medical insurance. This full insurance coverage allows clients to have a concern-free treatment experience.
Ai Beauty Clinic has served over 15,000 clients from all around the world, been covered by some famous media such as European Times and CW Television, and established trust and an excellent reputation among them.