In Chinese traditional culture, the temporal area is believed to be in charge of the person’s relationship and marriage, and is also known as the “husband and wife palace”. The rounder and fuller the temple, the more harmonious the relationship between husband and wife and the more wealthy the family. Therefore, women care about the fullness of their temples. Without considering the culture, full temples give our upper face a smooth and contoured look, and create a well-shaped and balanced facial appearance.
The temporal area contains mainly tissue and has not received support from any bone structure. Therefore, any loss of collagen, water and nutrients at the area will lead to the loss of its volume and a hollow temple appearance. Hollow temples often appear along with other collagen loss-related appearances such as sunken cheeks, sagging cheeks, loss of tissue around the cheekbones, and high and prominent cheekbones.
Hollow temples can have a big impact on the rest of the face which gives the upper face a rough and uncontoured appearance. It emphasises the cheekbones and gives a “skeletal” look that ages our face, fades out a youthful look and gives the impression of being tough, rude and tired.
The temple is located at a juncture where four skull bones fuse together, and is the weakest point on the skull because there is no solid and thick bone beneath it. Without support from solid bone, the temples are likely to show hollow features.
● It is common and nature that some people were born with hollow temples;
● Slim individuals as they have less support from fatty tissues. People who do not have a well-defined facial shape;
● Aging, which is a natural occurrence of becoming older, will cause the fat, bone and muscle loss on our skin including the one at the temporal area. The more volume loss at the temples will make it more hollow.
● The zygomatic arch (high cheekbone) becomes relatively wider with age, resulting in a more hollow and sunken temper.
A face that has hollow temples often comes with other features such as narrow forehead, wide zygomatic arch (high cheekbone) and sunken cheek. The face shape emphasises the middle part of the face together with narrower upper and lower face. The resulting unsmooth face shape creates an appearance of seriousness, distance and age.
Not restricted by age, losing volume in the temples will affect everyone’s facial shape and youthfulness.
Hyaluronic acid dermal filler is the safest treatment that provides you with an instant result for treating hollow temples. This dermal filler is suitable for people with busy lives because it has lower risk and less downtime compared to other treatments such as fat grafting or cheekbones reshaping.
What is it?
Hyaluronic acid (HA), also known as hyaluronate, is naturally found in tissues and cells. In aesthetic treatment, hyaluronic acid can act as a filler and is injected into the dermis layer to fill up the folds/depressions or plump certain areas such as lips, cheeks, nose and chin. The injected hyaluronic acid will smooth and fill lines and wrinkles, and add volume to the face naturally. As hyaluronic acid can be naturally metabolised and will not remain in the body, there are no side effects of injecting HA. Also, having repeated courses of HA injection is safe and effective for long term results.
How does it work?
To drive volume back to the temporal areas, medium molecular weight hyaluronic acid will be injected into the skin at the temples. The injected hyaluronic acid will group with the hyaluronic acid that already exists in the body naturally to plump up the hollow temples. The resulting round and filled temples help to smooth the contours from the temple down to the check, defining and shaping a youthful look.
1. Face-to-face consultation: Confirmation of a detailed plan of injection areas and dosage after fully understanding the client’s conditions and desired results.
2. Pre-treatment preparation: Clean and disinfect the injection areas. Confirm the injection solution has not been opened.
3. Injection:Injecting hyaluronic acid solution at the temporal areas. Massage the injection areas while injecting to pump up the areas evenly.
4. Post-treatment care.
Duration: 30-45 mins
Who is it for?
- People who have hollow temples and want to smooth their facial contour;
- People who have hollow temples because of their wide cheekbones or high cheekbones;
- People who want to quickly create a smooth, well-shaped and balanced facial appearance;
Restoring hollow temples, come to Ai Beauty Clinic,
for safe and professional medical treatment.
Ai Beauty Clinic is a CQC accredited clinic based in London, and also is strongly supported by Cynosure(the owner of Ulthreapy) and Cynosure (the owner of PicoSure).
With rich experience of treating clients of various conditions, led by a famous British medical chief trainer, practiced by doctors and nurses who are GMC/NMC-registered and worked in NHS national hospitals, Ai Beauty provides certified and safe medical beauty treatments.
Ai Beauty always puts safety first. Not only are all medical staff insured by independent medical policy, each client who comes to Ai Beauty Clinic is also insured by £5 millions medical insurance. This full insurance coverage allows clients to have a concern-free treatment experience.
Ai Beauty Clinic has served over 15,000 clients from all around the world, been covered by some famous media such as European Times and CW Television, and established trust and an excellent reputation among them.