Thinner hair, wider part line, significant amount of hair falling out, small patches of baldness, etc…
The fear of becoming complete baldness or pattern baldness is growing every time checking the hair out in front of the mirror. Usage of hair growth shampoo or serum does not seem to provide a satisfied improvement. How aesthetic treatments can help slow down or reverse the hair loss?
What is hair loss
Hair loss is a common phenomenon of hair loss caused by various factors. We lose between 50 and 100 hairs a day. Hair loss is nothing to worry about, but if the hair loss is significant and continuous, baldness may occur.
Our hairs naturally grow in a cycle which includes growing phase, transition phase, and resting phase. When the hair completes the growing phase, it will enter its transition and resting phase and eventually fall out. For healthy hair, there is a balanced dynamic between the number of hairs entering the transition/resting phase and the number of hairs entering the growing phase, which maintains the total number of hairs. However, when the dynamic is being disrupted or when the hair follicles are damaged and scarred, the number of hairs newly entering growing phase will decline and cause significant hair falling out and baldness.
Baldness is a skin disease that can affect one’s appearance and self-confidence, it also may lead to psychological consequences such as depression, insomnia, and autism. Therefore, hair loss should be treated properly.
The fundamental cause of hair loss is scalp and hair follicles.
Think of your scalp like soil and your hair like the plant it grows, only rich fertile soil grows healthy plants! Hair follicles like the seed that determines the production and growing cycles of the plant. A hair follicle can grow 1 to 5 hairs and will die after 15 times of hair fall. So, hair follicles are limited and not renewable. We hope that new hair will grow from the follicle to replace the fall out hair.
Hair loss can be inherited and acquired:
● Inherited hair loss
Hereditary hair loss is caused by genetic influences such as congenital ectodermal dysplasia, congenital hypotrichosis.
● Acquired hair loss
A variety of factors such as psychological status, environment, eating and sleeping pattern, and disease can contribute to hair loss. Acquired hair loss is more common than inherited hair loss.
Risk factors of acquired hair loss:
○ Hormonal imbalance caused by consuming too much sugar or fat, poor sleeping habits, sedentary lifestyle, or overweight;
○ Psychological status. For example, high stress level can cause hair loss;
○ Androgen can cause baldness beginning above both temples, which is called androgenetic alopecia, male-pattern baldness, or seborrheic alopecia;
○ Declined level of female hormones or anaemia can cause hair loss;
○ Age. Hair loss is worsen with age;
○ Hair dyeing and perming cause hair loss by damaging the hair and scalp;
○ Some immune diseases such as lupus erythematosus, dermatomyositis, or scleroderma can cause hair loss;
○ Physical interactions such as X-ray exposure, hair burn, or hair damage from friction can cause hair loss;
The most obvious signs of hair loss: wider part line, thinner hair at the top of the head, and noticeable hair fall when washing hair or brushing hair.
Self-assessment of hair loss: Grasping a small section of hairs (from the hair root) by your fingers and thumb and tugging gently and sliding the fingers along the hair shaft. Repeat 5 to 6 times and observe how many hairs have been pulled away for each time. If more than 3 or 4 hairs are pulled away from the scalp for every move, it suggests a positive result of hair loss.
Hair loss in women and men are different. In female hair loss, it starts at the part line. But male hair loss usually starts in the front and top of the head.
Ai Beauty Clinic believes treatments involving “hair nourishing” and “hair growth” are the most effective methods to treat hair loss. The Hydrafacial scalp SPA treatment helps to nourish the hair and scalp, restore a balanced scalp condition for growth of healthy hair, and stimulate damaged hair follicles to grow new hair. On the other hand, PRP hair regrowth treatment uses growth factors to stimulate the regrowth of hair and strengthen hair follicles for better hair growth conditions.
What is PRP treatment:
PRP（Platelet Rich Plasma）is a plasma containing a high concentration of platelets or growth factors, which can promote skin rejuvenation, stimulate hair regrowth, and speed up wounds healing. PRP treatment is highly safe and has obtained European CE certification, ISO, SQS and extensive clinical validation in other regions. Supported by numerous clinical trials, it has shown positive results for hair growth, reversal of hair loss, and increased hair thickness/volume.
How does it work:
Growth factors produced in platelets stimulate the proliferation, differentiation, and growth of hair follicles, improve blood vessels formation and blood supply around the hair follicle, extend the hair growth phase, and delay the falling out. PRP hair regrowth solution is produced by the client’s own blood and injected into the scalp. The high-concentration platelet and growth factors can effectively stimulate hair regeneration, nourish hair follicles, prevent hair loss and build a healthier scalp, fundamentally solving the problem of hair loss.
1. Face-to-face consultation: Develop a unique PRP plan based on the client’s condition and desired results.
2. Pre-treatment preparation: Collect blood from clients and obtain concentrated platelets solution by centrifugation; Apply anaesthesia, clean, and disinfect the scalp.
3. PRP injection: Administer injection solution to the scalp by a qualified practitioner. Repeat injection in severe areas.
4. Post-treatment precautions.
Duration: 45-60 mins
Who is it for:
- People who are prone to oily hair;
- People with severe problem of hair loss or baldness;
- People with thin hair or wide part line;
- People who start to see receding hairline;
- People who are looking for healthier and stronger hair;
- People who wish to increase their hair thickness and fullness by non-hair transplant method;
What is Hydrafacial:
Hydrafacial is a non-invasive skin rejuvenation device that has US FDA, EU CE, Canada CSA and Chinese CQC certifications. It is a versatile device that provides multiple medical beauty treatments including deep cleaning, skin exfoliation and nourishing protection. It addresses all skin types needs which makes it ideal for hair and scalp caring treatment, leading to the development of the Hydrafacial Keravive scalp treatment.
How does it work:
The Hydrafacial Keravive scalp treatment adopts a patented technology called Hydrafacial Vortex vacuum technology to remove the dirt, dead skin cells and oil from the scalp and hair follicles. The cleansing process will leave the scalp skin with opened pores where an essence with rich growth factors and skin peptides will be absorbed to nourish and hydrate the scalp and follicles. A nourished and hydrated scalp will eventually improve the health of the scalp and stimulate the growth of hair, resulting in thicker and healthier-looking hair.
1. Face-to-face consultation: Develop a unique scalp treatment plan based on the client’s condition and desired results.
2. Pre-treatment preparation: Clients are suggested to wash their hair before coming in for the treatment.
3. Treatment: ① Cleanse + Peel ② Hydrate + Nourish
4. Fuse + Protect: Daily usage of Hydrafacial scalp care spray at home to continue to provide nutrients to the scalp and hair until the next appointment.
Duration: 45-60 mins
Who is it for:
- People with mild to severe hair loss;
- People with problem of dandruff or keratin accumulation on their scalp;
- People with itchy scalp or smelly scalp;
- People with damaged hair follicles on their scalp;
- People with dry scalp or dry frizzy hair;
- People with severe greasy hair or scalp;
- People with sensitive scalp;
- People who want to clean and nourish their scalp;
- People who are looking for fuller, healthier looking hair;
Stop the hair loss, come to Ai Beauty Clinic,
for safe and professional medical treatment.
Ai Beauty Clinic is a CQC accredited clinic based in London, and also is strongly supported by Cynosure(the owner of Ulthreapy) and Cynosure (the owner of PicoSure).
With rich experience of treating clients of various conditions, led by a famous British medical chief trainer, practiced by doctors and nurses who are GMC/NMC-registered and worked in NHS national hospitals, Ai Beauty provides certified and safe medical beauty treatments.
Ai Beauty always puts safety first. Not only are all medical staff insured by independent medical policy, each client who comes to Ai Beauty Clinic is also insured by £5 millions medical insurance. This full insurance coverage allows clients to have a concern-free treatment experience.
Ai Beauty Clinic has served over 15,000 clients from all around the world, been covered by some famous media such as European Times and CW Television, and established trust and an excellent reputation among them.