Receding hairline can start to develop as we age and occur in both men and women. Stress, anxiety, illness, and age are said to worsen the condition. It can be distressing and cause more anxiety. How can we fix the receding hairline and thin hair apart from hair transplant?
Hairline is the edge of a person’s hair, especially on the forehead. Its height and shape can define the appearance characteristics of the person. A smooth, curved and rounded hairline is widely preferable. From the traditional oriental aesthetics standard, the widow’s peak hairline is considered to be attractive. Widow’s peak hairline is a hairline that has a downward V-shape at the centre of the forehead.
Based on the Chinese anaesthetic standard “three courts and five eyes”, an evenly distributed face is considered as an attractive face. What is an evenly distributed face? When we draw horizontal lines at the hairline, eyebrow, nasal base and the chin, 3 areas will be defined by the 4 lines and have the same/similar height. Also, from the front view, the widest part of the face is as wide as the length of 5 eyes.
Receding hairline occurs when the hairline moves back from the forehead and hair is thinning out and not growing back. With a receding hairline, the face appears bigger and older.
Receding hairline/thin hair can be inherited or acquired:
Inherited: Receding hairline can be hereditary or in-born.
① Excessive androgen secretion can cause hair loss, fall out and receding hairline;
② The use of poor quality hair products (such as shampoo, perming products) can stimulate excessive sebum secretion and blocking of hair follicles, resulting in hair loss;
③ Poor lifestyle and sleeping patterns can cause the hairline moving backwards;
④ Stress from work or study, anxiety;
⑤ Prolonged wearing of tight ponytails and pulling on the hair can result in receding hairline.
Receding hairline and thin hair usually happens at the forehead. They are both easily noticeable as the receding line will change the size and shape of the face and affect the appearance.
1. People with thin hair at their forehead. People who look like they have a wide or bald forehead because of thin hair;
2. People who are required to wear tight ponytails at work;
3. People who draw on their hairline for a fuller hairline impression;
4. People who have considered but hesitated about having hair transplant;
5. Both men and women, regardless of age.
Hairline microblading is a popular treatment for people suffering from receding hairline to restore their hairline in a safe way. It costs less than a hair transplant and saves your time from drawing hairline every day.
What is hairline microblading:
Semi-permanent makeup helps enhance the beauty of our face features including eyebrows, eyes, and lips and add definition to the face, offering long-lasting professional makeup results. They are ideal for people who want to wake up fresh every morning without a hassle. Hairline microblading is one of the semi-permanent makeup treatments.
How does it work:
During the hairline microblading treatment, a microblading pen with tiny needles will be used to implant pigment onto the skin where the hairline has thin hair by delicately scratching the skin surface. The direction of the scratching will follow the existing hair’s direction in order to mimic the natural-looking hair. The colour of the pigment used will match the clients’ hair to avoid artificial impression. At the end of the treatment, the hairline will look fuller with natural colour and direction of hair, giving you a smaller-looking face and saving your time from drawing hairline everyday.
- Face-to-face consultation: The design of hairline varies person to person depending on the client’s age, face shape, and appearance.
- Preparation: Cleanse and disinfect the treatment areas. Apply anaesthetic at the treatment areas.
- Microblading treatment: Use a pigment that matches with the natural hair to draw hairline, following the natural hair direction and features for the most natural-looking hairline.
- Scab falling off: Scabs will fall off naturally 2-3 days after the treatment. The microblading hairline may become lighter.
- Pigment top-up: Visit the clinic for a top-up 1 month after the treatment. A top-up allows a more natural and complete colour deposition. 2 top-up visits will give a final and most desirable result.
- Follow the after-treatment caring for long-lasting microblading hairline.
Duration: 1-1.5 hr
Who is it for:
- People with uneven or asymmetrical hairline;
- People who appear to have a large face because of their wide forehead;
- People who have a wide forehead or angled hairline;
- People with thin hair at their hairline or receding hairline;
- People who have problems with hair loss but hesitate about having hair transplant treatment;
What is PRP treatment:
PRP（Platelet Rich Plasma）is a plasma containing a high concentration of platelets or growth factors, which can promote skin rejuvenation, stimulate hair regrowth, and speed up wounds healing. PRP treatment is highly safe and has obtained European CE certification, ISO, SQS and extensive clinical validation in other regions. Supported by numerous clinical trials, it has shown positive results for hair growth, reversal of hair loss, and increased hair thickness/volume.
How does it work:
Growth factors produced in platelets stimulate the proliferation, differentiation, and growth of hair follicles, improve blood vessels formation and blood supply around the hair follicle, extend the hair growth phase, and delay the falling out. PRP hair regrowth solution is produced by the client’s own blood and injected into the scalp. The high-concentration platelet and growth factors can effectively stimulate hair regeneration, nourish hair follicles, prevent hair loss and build a healthier scalp, fundamentally solving the problem of hair loss.
1. Face-to-face consultation: Develop a unique PRP plan based on the client’s condition and desired results.
2. Pre-treatment preparation: Collect blood from clients and obtain concentrated platelets solution by centrifugation; Apply anaesthesia, clean, and disinfect the scalp.
3. PRP injection: Administer injection solution to the scalp by a qualified practitioner. Repeat injection in severe areas.
4. Post-treatment precautions.
Duration: 45-60 mins
Who is it for:
- People with seborrheic alopecia;
- People who are prone to oily hair;
- People with severe problem of hair loss or baldness;
- People with thin hair or wide part line;
- People who start to see receding hairline;
- People who are looking for healthier and stronger hair;
- People who wish to increase their hair thickness and fullness by non-hair transplant method;
What is Hydrafacial:
Hydrafacial is a non-invasive skin rejuvenation device that has US FDA, EU CE, Canada CSA and Chinese CQC certifications. It is a versatile device that provides multiple medical beauty treatments including deep cleaning, skin exfoliation and nourishing protection. It addresses all skin types needs which makes it ideal for hair and scalp caring treatment, leading to the development of the Hydrafacial Keravive scalp treatment.
How does it work:
The Hydrafacial Keravive scalp treatment adopts a patented technology called Hydrafacial Vortex vacuum technology to remove the dirt, dead skin cells and oil from the scalp and hair follicles. The cleansing process will leave the scalp skin with opened pores where an essence with rich growth factors and skin peptides will be absorbed to nourish and hydrate the scalp and follicles. A nourished and hydrated scalp will eventually improve the health of the scalp and stimulate the growth of hair, resulting in thicker and healthier-looking hair.
1. Face-to-face consultation: Develop a unique scalp treatment plan based on the client’s condition and desired results.
2. Pre-treatment preparation: Clients are suggested to wash their hair before coming in for the treatment.
3. Treatment: ① Cleanse + Peel ② Hydrate + Nourish
4. Fuse + Protect: Daily usage of Hydrafacial scalp care spray at home to continue to provide nutrients to the scalp and hair until the next appointment.
Duration: 45-60 mins
Who is it for:
- People with mild to severe hair loss;
- People with problem of dandruff or keratin accumulation on their scalp;
- People with itchy scalp or smelly scalp;
- People with damaged hair follicles on their scalp;
- People with dry scalp or dry frizzy hair;
- People with severe greasy hair or scalp;
- People with sensitive scalp;
- People who want to clean and nourish their scalp;
- People who are looking for fuller, healthier-looking hair;
Fix the Receding Hairline and Thin Hair, come to Ai Beauty Clinic,
for safe and professional medical treatment.
Ai Beauty Clinic is a CQC accredited clinic based in London, and also is strongly supported by Cynosure(the owner of Ulthreapy) and Cynosure (the owner of PicoSure).
With rich experience of treating clients of various conditions, led by a famous British medical chief trainer, practiced by doctors and nurses who are GMC/NMC-registered and worked in NHS national hospitals, Ai Beauty provides certified and safe medical beauty treatments.
Ai Beauty always puts safety first. Not only are all medical staff insured by independent medical policy, each client who comes to Ai Beauty Clinic is also insured by £5 millions medical insurance. This full insurance coverage allows clients to have a concern-free treatment experience.
Ai Beauty Clinic has served over 15,000 clients from all around the world, been covered by some famous media such as European Times and CW Television, and established trust and an excellent reputation among them.